Photo credit: Jesus Cordero
Festival Napa Valley, the annual summer celebration recognized for transforming California’s wine country into a cultural destination, announced the lineup for its 12th edition, July 14 – 23, 2017. The 2017 season continues the tradition of staging performances by the world’s finest artists in iconic wine country settings. With nearly 60 events at 30 venues over 10 days, Festival Napa Valley provides entertainment and curated food and wine events to suit every taste and budget.
Festival Napa Valley 2017 Highlights (visit FestivalNapaValley.org to view the full schedule and descriptions of each event):
- A glamorous Opening Night Gala at Meadowood Napa Valley with opera stars Danielle de Niese and Lucas Meachem and dinner paired with Napa Valley’s fine wines.
- Taste of Napa, a festival signature event that showcases 80 of the region’s best wineries, restaurants, chefs and food artisans.
Photo credit: Marc Hom
- Joshua Bell leads the Havana Chamber Orchestra, pianist Aldo López-Gavilán, and other special guests in Seasons of Cuba, a special evening under the stars at Far Niente.
- Sunday at the Symphony, a multimedia concert at Lincoln Theater, and a performance at Napa Valley College by the Napa Regional Dance Company, both admission-free.
- Seven-time Grammy Award winner Gloria Estefan headlines the Arts for All Gala at HALL St. Helena benefiting Napa County public school arts education and the festival’s free and affordable community programming.
- Stéphane Denève conducts musicians from the Napafest Academy Orchestra in a special program at Bouchaine Vineyards.
- Hot Havana Nights, an evening of Cuban jazz, food and wine at Blue Note Napa featuring Aldo López-Gavilán and friends.
- Legendary pianist André Watts headlines an all-American concert featuring music from Bernstein’s On the Town and the Napa premiere of Gordon Getty’s Young America, with Festival Orchestra NAPA and Volti Chorus under conductor Joel Revzen.
- Jarvis Conservatory hosts the admission-free Bouchaine Young Artist Series, with concerts by the Havana Chamber Orchestra, guitarist Jiji and pianist Nikolay Khozyainov.
- Actor Bill Murray joins cellist Jan Vogler and friends for the U. S. premiere of New Worlds – a fascinating encounter between great music and great literature – at the Lincoln Theater.
- The San Francisco Ballet returns to perform a rich mix of contemporary and classic works in the annual Dance Gala.
- Lester Lynch and Angel Blue sing highlights from Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess accompanied by Festival Orchestra NAPA under the baton of Joel Revzen.
- Festival Orchestra NAPA, a sterling ensemble comprising musicians from New York’s Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, the San Francisco Symphony, Los Angeles Philharmonic, and other top orchestras, back for a second season.
Festival Napa Valley 2017 Event Hosts include Alpha Omega, Auberge du Soleil, B Cellars, Blue Note Napa, Bouchaine Vineyards, Castellucci, Calistoga Ranch, CIA at Copia, Darioush, Far Niente, Green Music Center, HALL St. Helena, Jarvis Conservatory, Lincoln Theater, Meadowood Napa Valley, Napa Valley College, Promontory, Quintessa, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, St. Supéry Estate Vineyards and Winery, Swanson Family Estate, Trefethen Family Vineyards, and Zakin Family Estate
To purchase passes, visit festivalnapavalley.org, call 888.337.6272 or visit the Festival Box Office between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday, 1850 Soscol Ave., Suite 205 in Napa.
About Festival Napa Valley: Festival Napa Valley is committed to enriching the vitality of the community and making the arts accessible to all. Blending the beauty and bounty of Napa Valley with the very finest performing arts, the festival pairs world-class performances with culinary and wine pursuits staged in iconic wine country settings. The annual celebration of the art of life has transformed Napa Valley into a cultural destination. Festival Napa Valley is presented by Napa Valley Festival Association, a nonprofit public benefit corporation governed by a board of prominent vintners and local leaders. More than 200 artists, wineries, resorts, theaters, restaurants and vintners participate each year. Festival Napa Valley 2017 takes place July 14 – 23. To learn more, visit festivalnapavalley.org.